Chat API connects to WhatsApp Business API through the official Meta provider. The connection takes place instantly
with the help of a new approach to registration with deferred verification
After registration, you can immediately start testing the operation of the number and configure integration, and the verification of the company, the approval of the display name and coordination with the Meta policy runs parallel to active access to the API.Connection procedure:
Detailed instructions for connecting the number are provided in this article
. Below is the general procedure and approach to registering a WABA number.
- Create a new WABA project in the Chat API personal account;
- Fill out the registration form;
- Link the card and subscribe;
- Generate an API KEY. Specify the API KEY in your personal account Chat API;
- At this stage, you will already be able to work with the number, send and receive messages, but with some restrictions. To expand the number's capabilities, you need to verify your business. More about verification in this article
- Enjoy the work of the official WhatsApp Business API.
With the help of a new approach to registration (through registration with deferred verification), you get access to the WhatsApp Business API almost instantly.Registration takes no more than 5 minutes.
Any numbers are suitable for working with the WhatsApp Business API, as long as they are at the same time:
1 - Had the opportunity to receive messages\ calls for verification;
2 - Have not been blocked in WhatsApp.
You can also use a landline number, but you need IP telephony to work with it. If you have an IVR system installed, then you need to disable it when going through the number verification procedure.
If the number is already connected to the WhatsApp Business API through another API provider, then such a number can also be transferred to the Chat API using the number migration procedure.
You can learn more about the features of choosing a number for WhatsApp Business API in this article.
Important! A number connected to the WhatsApp Business API cannot function in WhatsApp applications. Before you start connecting the number, you need to delete your WhatsApp account. Read more here.
Facebook Business Manager is a tool for working with businesses, so to get an FBID (the necessary parameter for connecting WABA), you need to have a legal entity or the status of an individual entrepreneur. You must be an organization and have documents that will confirm this, everything else depends on the forms of legal organization in your country.
The provision of a green mark and the status of an “Official Business Partner” is determined by Meta itself and sets the following criteria:
- Verification in Facebook Business Manager;
- Access to WhatsApp Business API and compliance with Meta policies;
- Two-factor authentication in Facebook Business Manager;
- The second and higher level of trust in the WABA number;
- A well-known and recognizable brand.
Tips, instructions and pitfalls are described in detail in this article. We help all our clients to get a green check mark for free.