Chat API connects to WhatsApp Business API through the official provider. Connection is instantaneous
with the new approach to registration with deferred verification
You initially get an active number with the WhatsApp Business API, with which you can test work and customize the integration, while company verification, approval of the displayed name and coordination with Facebook policy take place in parallel with active access to the API.Connection procedure
- Go to your personal Chat API cabinet. Pay for the first month's use of the number;
- You will be given a registration form (you must have a Facebook Business Manager number and ID to successfully register). Fill out the form and you will get access to your personal account on the provider's website 360dialog;
- Go to your personal 360dialog account. Generate API KEY. Specify the API KEY in your personal Chat API cabinet;
- At this stage your number in API will be available with restrictions. You will be able to create templates of messages and send them to a small number of users. To complete your registration and remove restrictions, you will need to complete verification of your business. You will have 30 days to complete the inspection.
- Submit a document and get verified through Facebook Business Manager. Once Facebook confirms your business, all restrictions will be lifted. Details about verification in this article
- Enjoy working with the official WhatsApp Business API.
There is also an old or "Classic" form of registration. In it you first pass all the checks, and then you get access to WhatsApp Business API. We wrote more about this approach in this article
With the help of a new approach to registration through registration with deferred verification, the connection occurs instantly, and the verification and verification of the company takes place during the test and work with the current WhatsApp Business API number.
We advise to connect a new number that has not been registered in WhatsApp. If the number is already in use in the application and associated with business processes, you can use the procedure of emigration from WhatsApp applications to WhatsApp API, but to do this you will have to completely delete the WhatsApp account and the number will be unavailable for some time to communicate with customers.
Landline or mobile numbers are suitable. It is important that the number can pass sms verification or number confirmation via call. Please note that the call verification method is not available for some countries.
If the number is already connected to WhatsApp Business API through another provider, you can also transfer this number to Chat API.
Learn more about the specifics of selecting a number for the WhatsApp Business API in this article.
Please note that once connected, the number cannot be used for normal WhatsApp applications. Deleting a number from the WhatsApp Business API Facebook database after registration is a complicated process, it can take from 10 to 90 days and is not always successful.
Correct. Only legal persons who can provide all the official documents for their business have this option.
At first glance, everything seems quite obvious. You must meet the following criteria and go through the following steps:
- Your company must be verified in Facebook Business Manager;
- You must be connected to WhatsApp Business API and pass the Display name and compliance with Facebook policies;
- Set up two-factor authentication in Facebook Business Manager;
- Have at least a second level of trust rating for the WhatsApp number;
- To be a well-known and recognizable brand.
If you have passed all the stages and meet the criteria of Facebook, it is enough to write to our support service and apply for the status of an official business account (OBA).
Tips, instructions and pitfalls described in detail in this article.